Sunday, July 1, 2018

4 months in Canberra

Where did all the time go ? It has been 4 months in Canberra. What have we done this four months ?
Pandamopi went on with his usual grind on architecture job. Our little one has been doing well in the childcare centre and have been enjoying her time growing beautifully and having fun. As for me, I had been doing a course on Early Childcare Education & Care, aspiring to be a childcare educator when i finish my course. At the moment, I am doing practical in one of the childcare centre. Loving it so far, hoping to bring smiles to children in my new career life. It is a humbling job, a labour intensive one, a demanding one, but truly rewarding.

Not having the luxury to pen down much today as I am down with a terrible flu today, I just want to document some special snippets i experienced in the childcare service. 

Overall, it has been fruitful 4 months so far. We are settling well and got use to the routine here. The only thing that is challenging is the cold weather. For the span of 4 months, I got sick for almost 3 times. Hopefully I recover soon enough, so I could document more thoughts & moments here:)


 We went to Bush School, where we took children to a nearby bush area. Children did the acknowledgement to the country, and then explore the beautiful site by climbing trees, exploring plants, branches, bark, and campfire site. We were lucky to see a roo hiding amidst the yellow bush that morning. Children were excited and curious. It was truly a lovely sight. 

On one of the days, we went to the nearby library to have a story telling session by the librarian. The librarian did a great job by engaging the children so well. 

Our Room Leader did a group time with the campfire in the centre, educating children on the safety when doing campfire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment