Monday, October 9, 2017

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow

Recently a mother requested me to draw bookmarks for her six children. Never would I thought I would be encouraged by the ideas, and so I made myself one here as a constant reminder that in life we need these 6 things - Be brave, Explore the Day, Dream Big, Be Kind, Think Happy Thoughts and Smile Often. 
It strikes me that i needed these 6 things and it is good to adopt this positive attributes in mind in our daily life. As I reflect back the pass 9 months or so, tt has been like a desert in the hostile workplace this year, begging for hours and struggling in work. In big offices, it is all about dollar and cents. People work for hours which translated into money, in big organization terms. Many unpleasant behind closed door conversations. Sweet promises and plans became empty and worse still, it came back to threaten and bite like a hidden weapon. Endurance and perseverance are the only thing that still keep me going till now. Forgiveness and letting go. Thank God for His constant presence in my life, that I am still privilege to breath and perform my job as best as I could, despite many frustrated moments. If it had been not for God, I would have lost my sanity, really. 

If there is one thing that I learn this year, it would be to stay positive during very difficult times. When we have no choice but to face it, keep praying for strength and look at the good sides of thing (blessings to have a beautiful family and good health). Work is just part of life. I really like Helen Keller's quote--"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow". Yes, that is the spirit, keep your face to the sunshine intently that you cannot even see a trace of shadow.

I hope one day I can impart this 6 beautiful values to my little one(s). It makes life so much beautiful by just being more positive. Positive attitudes helps us get through difficult times. 



1 comment: