Tuesday, October 3, 2017

turtle watching at nanny's

I saw this lovely sight when I went to fetch Isabella from nanny's. She was looking in astonishment and amazement at Uncle Sandy's two turtles, which was in the pail, with her little index fingers pointing at them, and her little body inclining towards the pail occasionally. Little Isabella is curious and excited. I went near her and asked her what did she see, she pointed at the turtles and tried to tell me about it excitedly.

After keeping the two turtles as pet for several years, the small turtles which was as big as a palm has now grown into large turtles, as huge as a regular pizza. These turtles had been knocking themselves in the aquarium. Uncle Sandy was worried if one day the aquarium would be broken, which I doubt it would be! So yesterday they bade farewell to the two creatures and would be releasing them somewhere in the neighbourhood.

I asked them if they had sentimental feelings towards the tortoise and they told me they don't. I had mixed feeling about it. Even though I did not keep the turtles, but once a while I enjoyed looking at them in the aquarium. I felt like the turtle are part of the family and can't help feeling a little sad when they are releasing the turtles. Yet, at the same time, I was excited that these turtles got to experience freedom from then on. 

                "ohhhhh.." Isabella giggled to herself as she marched in baby steps towards the lift.  
                "Do you know the way, Isa?" I asked her, trying to catch her steps from behind. My thoughts about the turtle was interrupted as I walked towards her. 
                "She sure know her way," said Aunty Judy with a smile. 
                


No comments:

Post a Comment