Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Isabella's gaze

After a long grueling day at work, I took a brief shower and changed to my most comfortable cotton linen dress I bought in Phuket 3 years ago. It was already 7:01 pm and I was almost late for Isabella. I rushed through the stairs and brought her home. She was in yellow pyjamas, just like the lazy egg yolk called Gudetama.

My mind is constantly running. What to make for dinner, what to do after dinner, how to spend time with the little one, dishes to wash, laundry to collect, bottles to sterile.. etc. The list is endless. Most of the time, I rushed like a mad woman, chasing the time around the clock, but rarely have time to myself.

I was tired by the time I finished reading to her. I put her to sleep but her mind was too active. I was the one who felt asleep first without knowing she was still awake. Suddenly I realized it was exceptionally quiet. I opened my eyes, and saw she gazed at me, watching me sleep. I was the one who love to watch her sleep but today, she gazed me sleeping. It was so heart melting that I almost cried. It was one of the sweetest thing I ever experience. Children is indeed a blessing.

She slept shortly after fighting over her sleepiness. Rested on the bed, I feel so comfortable yet I pushed myself to start working. There is another battle to fight tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Dear , I know you have sacrifice alot taking care her alone, we are almost there, once you landed you will be happy, a new chapter, God bless us. I love you both

    ReplyDelete