Monday, September 25, 2017

isabella's first friend


After weeks of grueling moments at work with midnight oils and very frustrating moments, I finally get some breather and spend some quality time with family. My parents-in-law were in town, so we had a good time together. I felt guilty these days, not able to spend quality time with Isabella. Those days when I need to work around the clock from home, she entertained herself with toys, books, youtube videos and lately she starts to like playing with doll. Perhaps she noticed the resemblance of the doll to human features, she starts to accept and play with the doll. Months ago, she was scared and would cry whenever i handed her the doll.

My mother got this doll from a flea sale at one of the french family who were leaving Kuching a year ago before Isabella was born. She was told by the mother of the girl who used to own the doll that the little girl cut her hair, hence the messy hair! The doll was in good condition, except it came naked, just like newborn baby that came to the world naked. I dressed the doll in one of Isabella's newborn singlet back then. Now that she is beginning to play with the doll, I am determined to sew the doll a decent dress :)

These simple moments are pure joy and happiness, so simple yet so fleeting. I could almost relive my childhood memories playing with dolls, sewing them shabby dresses that I thought fashionable at that time, role playing the dolls with my sisters, bringing them along for trips, sleeping and talking with the dolls. Either I was emulating my mother taking care of me, or I had the natural instinct to take care the younger ones as a big sister. Now that I see Isabella is starting to play with the doll, I see myself in her.   

No comments:

Post a Comment